Stay in MA is founded by Flybridge Capital Partners and and supported by Gunderson Dettmer to provide students in Massachusetts with the oppotunity to attend local industry events.
Scholarships are available to any undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in a full-time program* at a Massachusetts college or university and interested in attending the event of one of the approved partner organizations. For a list of Stay in MA’s partner organizations, nurse please go to the Partners Page. Scholarships can cover the student rate for an event registration up to a maximum of $100 per event.
The program has a limited number of scholarships available for each event. Scholarships will be granted on a first come, first serve basis so students are encouraged to apply early. Each student may apply up to 1 scholarship per academic semester. A semester is defined as the time periods between January 1st to June 31st and July 1st to December 31st.
To apply for a scholarship, go to the Apply for a Scholarship Page, and fill out the scholarship request form in full. Scholarship requests will be reviewed and replied to within 5 business days. Scholarships must be applied for at least 2 business days prior to the event date.
Once a scholarship has been approved, Stay in MA will coordinate registration and payment for the student with the partner organization. Students will receive a confirmation email once the process has been finalized. Please note, Stay in MA cannot reimburse students if they register for an event themselves.
After a student is registered for an event, it is mandatory that he or she attend the event in order to qualify for future scholarships. Students should confirm schedules and transportation to the event prior to applying. All scholarship requests must meet the following criteria:
- Student is currently enrolled at a Massachusetts college or university as a full-time* student.
- A valid university email address must be provided with each submission.
- Event the student would like to attend is a Stay in MA partner organization event and there are still Stay in MA scholarships available for the event.
- If student has received prior scholarship grants, they have attended the event they received a grant for. If a student receives a scholarship and does not attend the event, they will be ineligible for future scholarship grants.
- Student must show their student ID at the check in desk at the event. This is required to verify attendance.
- Students can apply for 1 event at a time and must attend an event before applying for another scholarship.
* Please note, postdocs, students of executive format, and part-time academic programs are not currently eligible for Stay in MA scholarships.